Saturday 23 August 2008

Interested in joing the fight against malware?. Read on then:

I became interested myself in the November of last year when I thought my own rig was infected after a warning from my then in use Anti-Virus application. Which removed and quarantined a generic Trojan.

I Googled for malware removal and came upon various help forums dedicated to this subject and chose Malware Removal to join and post seeking assistance. I was so impressed by the professionalism and impressive help I received(it was actually from a respected Finnish helper who goes by the online name of Shaba who is now a MVP!) I decided to learn about Anti-Malware myself once discovering the aforementioned site has a training school.

So far I have achieved MRU Freshman+ status and Trained Registry Editor and currently working on my Live Log with view to being promoted to MRU Undergrad.

The below site has a listing of all current recognized sites that provide Anti_Malware training:

Unite: Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

If interested in joining the fight, be prepared to spend a lot of time both reading and researching! This is a worthwhile endeavor and I have met many fantastic people who are willing to teach if you are willing to learn plus made a lot of new friends online.